What are the benefits of joining the HFA?
- Friendship It's easy to make friends when you already have a common bond,
researching your Higdon family history.
- Interesting places to visit Since the organizational meeting in 1975, the HFA has
met in 22 different cities throughout the United States.
- Diversity of activities For starters, we've toured the Alamo, lunched at a Mexican market,
seen My Old Kentucky Home, visited a bourbon distillery, and spent a day at the Naval Museum
of Aviation. If
the pace is too lively, there are always alternative activities and folks who want to spend time
just getting to know you.
- Newsletter A newsletter, chockfull of information and pictures,
is mailed six times a year to HFA members.
- Opportunities to serve In an organization of this size, your help is always
appreciated whether it's for a few hours or for a whole year.
- Learning sessions We have fun, but we do take time to
learn how to research our family history and figure out ways to share our findings with the